Business Consulting & Process Improvement Solution Tools
Alphabetical by Title
BUILDING VALUE BY MANAGING CASH FLOW© (What Every Employee Needs to Know)
Cash flow is EVERY employee’s responsibility. Program participants learn the importance of cash flow and how it relates to shareowner value. Each class of twenty participants typically improves cash flow by some $1 million, depending on the size of your organization.
Participation in our program provides the following benefits:
- Learn how to improve your company’s cash flow, profitability, and shareowner value.
- Learn why cash flow can be more important than earnings.
- Contribute to enhancing your company’s shareowner value.
- Find ways to generate cash for new business options and strategies.
- Improve your company’s competitiveness and employee job security.
- Discover how other companies have improved cash flow and shareowner value.
- The relationship of cash flow to economic value added and shareowner value.
- Why cash flow is critical to business success and growth.
- The importance of financial statements and how they relate to each other.
- Important cash flow metrics.
- Selected improvement techniques (e.g., total quality, continuous improvement, reengineering, outsourcing, cycle time compression).
- Approaches that identify cash flow improvement opportunities in receivables, payables/purchasing, inventories, capital investment, direct costs, overhead expenses, and pricing/revenues.
- How to identify specific opportunities for improving company cash flow.
Although cash flow is every employee’s responsibility, training is primarily targeted to non-financial employees. Participants can include executives, managers, supervisors, plant managers, engineers, salespersons, buyers, information system designers, quality control specialists, production control specialists, fabricators, assemblers, accountants, administrators, et al.
The program can be conducted in approximately fourteen hours. Implementation options include a 7-day period of 2 hours each, a 4-day period of 3½ hours each, or a 2-day period of 7 hours each. Can be customized to meet the unique needs of each company or organization and implemented by using in-house resources and/or by skilled and experienced facilitators through Houston Partners International.
Building a Sustainable Business
Many small to mid-sized organizations are used to planning and thinking about their business two to five years out, but most have never thought about planning for 25 years into the future or creating a financially sustainable business that will be there to effectively serve future customers. A truly sustainable business that supports employees, stakeholders, and customers long-term, thinks far beyond the obvious. How do you start? Click here to take our business sustainability assessment.
Continuous Quality Improvement
Achieving and maintaining quality is a continuous journey. We will take the participants on an interactive journey through six modules. Topics include the why, the what, the where, and the how for producing quality products and services. We'll explore the concepts, measurement techniques and outcomes of practicing effective conformance.
What would happen to your business in the event of a natural disaster? What if all of your equipment were stolen or you experienced a major breakdown in your computer system? What if an employee embezzled your funds? Would you know what action to take to recover from these losses? If your answer is no, then you should be talking to us about developing a disaster recovery plan.
Executive Strategic Planning
Effective leaders develop a strategy and a plan to determine where their organization is going and how it is going to get there. Executive Strategic Planning helps you and your team develop and implement these strategies and establish measurable goals.
Personal & Business Financial Planning
Our partner, Mick Houston, can help you plan your personal and professional life through proven financial planning services. Together, you'll set goals for your future security. This service is also available to your employees at no charge.
Strategic Thinking & Business Planning
This course encompasses eight major areas: Strategic Planning, A Passion for Succeeding, Developing a Competitive Edge, Effective Planning Techniques, Execution is Everything, Marketing & Sales, Generating & Retaining Profits, and Becoming a Customer-Driven Enduring Company. This process is designed for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
We'll partner with you and our financial planner to develop a succession plan for your business. Have you ever thought about who would take over your business if any one of your key players left your organization, or worse yet, passed away suddenly? These types of issues must be addressed if you want your business to thrive.