If your goal is Improved Results (both personally and organizationally), there must be Change, and that change must be Positive Behavioral Change (PBC). Wouldn't you agree that in order to change Results(R), we must change our behaviors? We get PBC by setting Goals. We need to understand that Skills (how to do it) and Knowledge (what and when to do it) are an important but a small portion of what causes us to achieve (experts say about 15% and the remaining 85% comes from our Attitudes). In order to change our Attitude (the want and why to), we need to recognize that our values and beliefs come into play, which are based on the idea that Attitudes are Habits of Thought. Atttitude redevelopment requires the examination of values and beliefs which are fed by Conditioning, because 88% of what we do is at the subconscious level.
We must understand finally that this Conditioning tends to be negative (77%), while positive thinking generally is in the realm of 23%. It is clear that we need to change and the HPI Formula for Success provides a foundational understanding of how we approach that change.