If you want to become or remain a positive force in the workplace, you need a strategy. Follow the suggestions below to get yourself on your way.
1. Ask three people you consider positive forces how they maintain their attitudes.
2. Survey your use of language and change it when necessary. This includes inner talk and outer talk. Change your negative words and thoughts into positive ones.
3. Surround yourself with as many positive people as possible.
4. Appreciate yourself. Accept yourself for who you are, not who you ought to be.
5. Don't worry about something that has already happened. If there is a lesson to be learned, learn it and move on.
6. Accept that you are going to make mistakes.
7. For one entire day, commit yourself to using all of your energy to be positive.
8. Realize that how you feel about something is your choice.
9. Take charge of your life, and give yourself credit when you do.
Jerry's comment: You are in charge in every situation in your life because you get to decide how you will react to what happens.
*Taken from The Navigator by Grant Stewart, adapted from The 6 Success Strategies for Winning at Life, Love & Business by Wolf J. Rinke.
To Your Success!